Thursday, February 23, 2006

Return to IM Langkawi - Down & Almost Out

Race Week : 20 February 2006 - 25 February 2006

My worst fear came thru - I fell sick at the crucial moment. Food poisoning (again) and had diarrhoea & fever. Was on MC on Monday & Tuesday and slept at home most of the time. The fever went away on Monday but the diarrhoea lasted until Wednesday morning. Packed my bike on Tuesday night and felt completely drained when I finished. Went for a short 20 minutes run in the neighbourhood on Wednesday night. Expected the worst but was relieved to find that I did not feel too bad. But it was just a short run and I couldn't really gauge the extent of the damage.

Thankfully, the illness did not rob me of my appetite - have been eating & drinking heavily since Wednesday. Feeling a little stronger now as I am writing this (Thursday night). Wanted to go out for another short run a moment ago but abandoned the plan due to rain. I guess there is nothing much I can do now except rest, get ready for Race Day and hope for the best.

This ought to be my final entry before Race Day. Will fly off to Langkawi tomorrow afternoon (Friday). I really hope I can pull this one off - have been dreaming about that finishing line for the past few months.

No comments: