Friday, February 17, 2006

Return To IM Langkawi - Taper Week II

Taper Week II : 13 February 2006 - 19 February 2006, I am beginning to enjoy the taper. Have been eating heavily for the past few days. Mrs Chan commented that I lost too much weight and advised me to eat more until Race Day. Been drinking a lot of water too. Made sure I drank about 3 litres (2 big 100-plus bottles) of water at the office every day. Glad that it has been raining a lot in the past few days - the body doesn't feel so heaty. The challenge now is to make sure I don't get sick until Race Day.

Monday - skipped training and worked late at the office.

Tuesday - skipped the regular track session due to rain and traffic jam. Went to the gym at the office and ran on the treadmill for half an hour - EZ pace.

Wednesday - back at the pool, main sets were 8x100 and 1x800.

Thursday - back at the track, main sets were 1x2000 (7:51) and 1x1000 (3:42). Felt good and pushed a little harder than I really need to. Was quite pleased with the negative split in both sets - the 1k split in the 1x2000 was 4:00 and the 500m split in the 1x1000 was 1:53. But the total time for the 2k and 1k were way off PB of 7:32 and 3:31 respectively recorded in mid-2005. I guess my running had peaked in mid-2005 - could not log anything near those timings in the past few months.

Friday - back to the pool again, main set was 1x2000 (42:29). Seah (newcomer to the pool) logged the same time as I - he improved so fast. Soon, I think he will drop me.

Saturday - Rested and sent bike for service. Went back to my trusted bike shop in Taman Anggerik, Cheras.

Sunday - Rested.
IM training odometer todate (since November 2005) - Swim 95km, Bike 2,308km & Run 600km. Longest swim 1x4000, longest ride 196km & longest run 43km.

1 comment:

DJL inc said...

Ah chee. surprise! this is AhTong lah. wow.. you had a great blog about Ironman training. should get more LIVE story after you back from the Ironman race. All the best in your race. looking forward to meet you soon!