Friday, February 10, 2006

Return To IM Langkawi - Last Long Run

Sunday, 5 February 2006 – It was good to be back with Mr Chan and the gang. Menu for the day was to do a Hartamas plus 2 loops at the Lake Gardens (“LG”) (25km in total). I was quite tired at the start and secretly planned to drop the LG loops after Hartamas.
>
>
As usual, the elites (comprising Eugune, Richard, Don, Seow Wah, Goh & Toh) vanished before our eyes shortly after Bank Negara. I ran with the group that comprised Kevin, Seah and Chef Lee. I managed to keep up with them on the leg into Hartamas and logged a decent 51:08 split.
>
>
As we approached the petrol station at Hartamas, we had a glimpse into the battle among the elites upfront. Toh dropped everyone and was some 200m ahead of Goh and Richard. Toh looked strong and relaxed. He even said “Hi” and smiled to us (cool chap). Goh and Richard looked equally strong too and were almost ½ a km ahead of the other top guns. I missed the finishing but as per Azwar, Toh got back to LG first.
>
>
I started to feel the effects of yesterday’s long ride on the return leg. My group dropped me as we approached Hartamas Heights and I ran the remaining 7km+ all by myself. Gelled up after the Duta offices and felt slightly re-charged. I kept looking back in case Lee Chin would catch up on me (she has caught up on me several times in our recent long runs together & I had to push hard to stay ahead so that I won’t be seen losing out to this lady).
>
>
I was surprised with my split of 52:58 on the return leg – I thought I ran much slower than that. Opted to stop when I got to the LG playground and log a total time of 1:47:44 for this 20km plus run. Richard, who had finished the 2 LG loops earlier, was kind enough to invite me to run a cool down LG loop with him. With that, I covered about 23km that morning and was glad that the final phase of my training ended not too badly. I wore my new NB shoes again that morning and was relieved that the pain in the left arch did not recur.
>
>
Total Distance : 23km/ Total Time : 1:47:44 + (say) 0:15:00 for the cool down lap
Split Time :
Bkt Aman - Hartamas 51:08
Hartamas - Bkt Aman 52:58
Bkt Aman - LG 3:01
Cool Down Lap 15:00
Ave HR 147/ HRZ Pts 301
HR Zone Distribution Z1 - 5%, Z2 - 26%, Z3 - 56%, Z4 - 14%
>
>
Once again, both Mr and Mrs Chan were there providing timing, water and encouragement to us thru out the run. My dear friend Azwar was there too with his Zebra and a camera that morning. He was kind enough to let me curi cetak the following photos from his website.
Mr Chan

Seah, Me, Kevin and Chef Lee - shortly b4 I was dropped!!!

Don & I - post run
Azwar, Don & I - post run

No comments: