Wednesday, March 01, 2006

IM Langkawi 2006 - Mission Accomplished

Sunday, 26 February 2006 - I could hear the sound of the crowd & loud music as I approached the junction turning into the finishing chute. It was not your regular kind of finishing line - it was like a Big Party with loud music, colourful lights and a huge crowd cheering & clapping for the finisher.
Half an hour ago, I was dying to finish the race. It has been a long day and I could not wait to get it over with. But as I approached the finish line, I did not want it to end. I punched my fists in the air repeatedly and screamed out loud. The crowd responded and cheered even louder when the MC announced that I am a Malaysian. It was absolutely unbelievable - I felt like I was given a standing ovation. My official finishing time was 14:07:56.
More stories and photos to come.....

No comments: