Friday, January 27, 2006

Return To IM Langkawi - Reflection

Friday, 27 January 2006 - 4 more weeks to Race Day. Looking forward to the long CNY holidays ahead to complete the final phase of the training (bye-bye CNY celebrations). Hope to log some serious mileage over the next few days and will start my taper thereafter.

Training has progressed nicely save for the minor food poisoning during the X'mas weekend and IM Langkawi's announcement in mid-December 2005 that the race was called off. Glad the food poisioning did not weaken my body too much and I bounced back nicely after a few day's rest. My heart sank and I felt completely lost when IM Langkawi announced the cancellation of the race. But their confirmation 2 days later that the race is back on made me feel ALIVE again.

IM odometer to date (since November 2005) - Swim 70km/ Bike 1,636km/ Run 492km. Longest swim 1x3500, longest bike ride 185km and longest run 43km.

No comments: