Thursday, January 11, 2007

RECOVERY WEEK AGAIN

Time flies, it was recovery week again.
The last time I had my recovery week back in late November 2006, I was tempted to go out and train harder than I was suppose to. This time around (six weeks of later), I was telling myself "to hell with training" and rested completely for 6 consecutive days.
Back to training (quite reluctantly) on Sunday with a solo bike ride at Putrajaya. Despite the good rest, I felt unfit right from the start of the ride. My HR shot up to 155bpm on the very first hill and remained high thru'out the ride whenever I pushed a little harder. Cut the ride short and retired after 105km.
Training is now down to last 3 weeks (b4 taper) and still on schedule. Longest swim - 1x3000, longest ride 192km, longest run 35km & longest bike/ run brick 134km/ 14km. Hope to build up to 1x4000, 200km on the bike, 42km run and a 150km/20km bike/run brick in the next 3 weeks.

No comments: