Sunday, February 19, 2017

Return To Titi

For the first time since Ironman training in 2015, I finally got my lazy butt back to Hulu Langat for a long ride. That means, I have not been to this other playground for the entire 2016.

I was busy with work related matters during the early part of the week. A business trip to Penang on Monday & Tuesday simply de-railed my training plans. The week only started on on Thursday, 9 February 2017, Thaipusam public holiday.

9 February 2017 (Thursday)(8.00 a.m.)

With a long ride on Sunday in mind, I opted for a short ride. Rode solo to my favorite playground in the form of Putrajaya. Was hot and windy throughout and I came home with a 77km on my cycle computer.

10 February 2017 (Friday) (6.00 p.m.)

1km warm-up, 10km main set & 1km easy on the treadmill at the club house, followed by some planking exercises, weights and push-ups. Running legs were still rusty as a 56:31 for the 10km main set felt like a torture.

12 February 2017 (Sunday) (7.30 a.m.)

Rode from Jade Hills Kajang to Titi town and back with my long time Ironman training partner, the legendary Don Khor.

Another sunny and windy day. The climbs over Genting Peres on the way to and back from Titi did not feel too difficult despite the long absence. The strong head wind made the ride more challenging than usual. Logged a decent 145km by the end of the ride, which felt like a typical Ironman training ride. Except, I am not training for one this year.

Aborted the planned short run after the ride mainly due to tiredness.

No comments: