Tuesday, December 22, 2009

MOVING ON WITHOUT YOU........

Week 4 : 14/12/09 - 20/12/09

Another good week of training, which begins to feel like a 2nd job. A good way to move on with life (outside Bursa Malaysia).

Finally, logged in some serious miles on the bike and in running. Also for 1st time in years, I climbed Genting Sempah to Theme Park Hotel (Genting Highlands) on a bike non-stop. I think the last time I did a non-stop was back in 2005.
MON, 14/12
(a.m.) SWIM 2,000m DRILLS @ CELEBRITY FITNESS, MID VALLEY ("CEL FIT")
(p.m.) BIKE 1 HOUR SPIN CLASS @ CEL FIT
TUE, 15/12
(p.m.) RUN TREADMILL 1km WARM-UP + 10km RANDOM INCLINES @ CEL FIT
WED, 16/12 :
(a.m.) SWIM 1x200 + 1x1600 + 1x200 @ CEL FIT (p.m.) CEL FIT CLOSED EARLY FOR STAFF DINNER....BLEK!!!
THURS, 17/12 :
(whole day) DIRECTORS' TRAINING FOR KARYON INDUSTRIES BERHAD IN JOHOR BAHRU (can you believe this......I was the trainer)
FRI, 18/12 :
(a.m.) BIKE 188km SOLO

Started at 6.40 a.m. & finished at 2.20 p.m. Started from home in Puchong - Bdr Bkt Puchong 2 (BBP2) - Meranti - Cyberjaya - South Klang Valley Expressway (SKVE) - Country Heights - Kajang - Cheras 9th Mile - 14th Mile - 18th Mile - Sg Gabai - Peres Junction - Semenyih Dam - Nirvana - Semenyih - Broga - Lenggeng - Mantin - Nilai - Salak Tinggi - Jenderam - Persiaran Selatan (Putrajaya) - Putrajaya Convention Centre - LimKokWing (Cyberjaya) - Meranti - BBP2 - Home.
Missed riding this massive loop. Last done in Feb 2008 (in prep for IM Langkawi 2008). Missed the open road & the solitude.


Peres Junction - Near Semenyih Dam

Visited Dad at Nirvana

Good to be back at Mantin

Post 188km With New Cycling Jersey

SATURDAY, 19/12 :
(a.m.) RUN 31 km SOLO
Home - Meranti - Cyberjaya - LimKokWing - Meranti - Home.
1st > 30km run since Feb 2008. Gonna need more Power Gels - was weak in last 5km. Had flashbacks of those miserable days when I drove home from work while still at RHB. I would drive pass this area & thot I would never run to LimKokWing again.
SUNDAY, 20/12
(a.m.) BIKE 86km GENTING HILL WORKOUT SOLO
International Islamic University (UIA, Gombak) - Orang Asli Hospital (OAH) - Genting Sempah - Gohtong Jaya - Awana Genting - Pagoda - Theme Park Hotel - First World Hotel - Mushroom Park - Amber Court - Pagoda - Awana Genting - Gohtong Jaya - Genting Sempah - OAH - UIA
In October 2008, I told myself that I will one day regain my previous fitness & climb Sempah - Theme Park Non-Stop http://cheekaimun.blogspot.com/2008/10/pagoda-with-zero-training.html .
A little more than a year later, I did just that. A slighly weaker mind, I would have abandon the climb at Genting Sempah. A fellow cyclist pointed out to me that I storm was brewing up ahead when I stopped to replenish my carbs at Sempah. I might have been unsure of myself lately but at that moment I only had one thot on my mind - (like they say at Powerman Malaysia) "Rain Or Shine, I Climb!!!"
Felt the difference of Trek bike with Rolf wheels, so light I knew I was going to have a good climb right from the start (have always climbed with old Cadex & Genting Fun Ride in August 2009 was Trek with Shimano wheels http://cheekaimun.blogspot.com/2009/08/genting-fun-run.html).
Started to drizzle as I passed the 1st guard house at base of climb and stayed that way until I reach the top. Split at Pagoda was at 1:18:42; Pagoda - Theme Park 19:42; overall Sempah - Theme Park 1:38:25 (less than 5 mins slower than my all time best 1:33:55 logged in 2005).
Still Panting Hard - Waited For My Cuppa

Visibility 100m

Alone & Cold And ......

This Is Not In Malaysia!!??

Super Bikers Who Applauded My Finish At Old Town Coffee - overheard them saying something about ppl doing Ironman & that they bike, run & swim. Wanted to tell them that I am one such ppl & we swim, bike & run (in that order).

RM14k Worth Of Machinery ("without engine, somemore") - Worth Every Sen.

Route To Amber Court - where you literally vanish into thin air 100m ahead
De javu @ Amber Court Guard House - did the ride in similar conditions many years ago, where Sempah - Theme Park was not enough & extended ride to Amber Court.
Descented from the peak slowly - was cold & shivering. The short climb after Gohtong Jaya was most welcoming & helped warm up the body somewhat.
Back To UIA - the old Bentong Road, winding & quiet. The climb from UIA to Sempah earlier in the morning seemed like ages ago. Was still full of energy & attacked every corner during the last 21km descent. Would turn my head to listen for on-coming traffic at every corner & hammer the cranks upon visual confirmation of a clear road behind each. Found myself racing with a motorcyclist for a kilometer or two & had a light pick-up truck tailing me for a couple more.

1 comment:

sofiantriathlete said...

You are seriously fit Chee. You will do very well at Langkawi. Keep it up.