Saturday, August 15, 2009

TRI RESURRECTION

May 2009 - Mid-July 2009
 
 
Quit the bank job in May 2009. Couldn't decide what I wanted to do. Times were bad & most employers had frozen recruitment. Savings dwindled, self-confidence plunged to an all time low & tt had to hold the fort all by herself.
While the whole world was in a financial crisis, I found myself in a crisis too but at a personal level. Some friends suggested "mid-life crisis". At 41, I suppose that was quite accurate.
I had no clue on how to get out of the mess I was in, except surrending everything to Him. It wasn't easy & I couldn't see His better plans for me. Without a clue, I re-employed the same method I did when I was in another crisis back in my mid-30's.

I got back on my bike, ditched the booze & trained like mad. Somehow, it is through physical fitness that I slowly regained confidence. Hence, for 2 and 1/2 months, I swam, biked & ran almost daily -

  1. sometimes doubling (2 training sessions a day)
  2. ran a 10k at noon under a scorching sun
  3. swam at Chin Woo at 2.30 p.m. on a weekday (and had the whole pool to myself at times)
  4. rode Gombak to Frasers Hill solo (via Sempah, Bentong & Tranum)
I rebuilt my fitness from almost zero base, while hunting for a new job. I called up my old contacts, some were very helpful and some were simply cold. While I was at that, I took part in the NB 15km, 21k run at the Std Chart KL Marathon & PD Tri.
 
21k @ Std Chart Marathon
 

Finishing PD Tri
My break finally came at end-June 2009. I had a great interview with a prospective employer, who decided to hire me after 3 rounds of interviews.
I have a job again on 15/7/09!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray...God Bless You. Good to know that you are happy now. Below is a blog that I accidentally found, somebody with similar passion as you, i.e run run run, http://runwitme.blogspot.com/
you may like to link with the blogger!! :)

Hong Yee

Anonymous said...

Hooray...God Bless You. Good to know that you are happy now. Below is a blog that I accidentally found, somebody with similar passion as you, i.e run run run, http://runwitme.blogspot.com/
you may like to link with the blogger!! :)

Hong Yee

Anonymous said...

Glad to know that you are not jobless. Was also glad to hear that you have rebuilt your fitness from almost zero base (while job hunting) as well as your confidence through training.Happy training!