Saturday, August 01, 2009

DEMISE OF TRI-LIFE

Between November 2008 - April 2009, my typical training week looked like this:-

Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Worked late, skipped run
Wednesday - Worked late, skipped swimming
Thursday - Sneaked out of office at 8.30 p.m. & managed a short 5k run
Friday - TGIF, left office early (7.30 p.m.) & swam @ Chin Woo with Don Khor & gang
Saturday - Skipped bike training, no heart for training (when managed to get out of bed, 50k on the bike felt like 100k)
Sunday - Skipped run, no heart for training (when managed to get out of bed, 10k felt like 1/2 marathon)

Work sucked big time, self confidence plummeted, alcohol consumption took an upswing, all split times....what splits, I hardly trained.

Had a good time at Perth & down south but was back to miserable self upon return.

Kenyir Lake Tri made me realised how important triathlon is to me. When I took the plunge and joined the Bank in November 2008, I made a choice that training & triathlon would have to take a back seat. My Trek bike didn't do much, except collecting dust.

Life was simply upside down :(

3 comments:

yipwt said...

oh hi Chee,

Glad you found my blog. Now that you got a spanking tri bike, I hope I can catch you on the bike.

yipwt said...

hi chee, do you have facebook? I'll add you as a friend, and pass you my hp there.

Sure, join us for genting.

yipwt said...

http://www.facebook.com/yipwt