Friday, November 17, 2006

IRONMAN TRAINING - WEEK 7

WEEK 7 (12 NOV 2006 - 19 NOV 2006)

Phew !! What a long week! Glad it's over & look forward to my Recovery Week over the next 7 days. Training is now in full swing. Added some morning runs (b4 work) into my programme this week and training begins to feel more like a 2nd job.
The picture below is my source of inspiration while my body idles at the office.
SUNDAY, 12/11/2006 : SOLO LONG RUN
Bdr Bkt Puchong (BBP) - Cyberjaya - BBP (30km)
>
Longest run todate (3:08:33). Felt comfy in 1st 21km due to cool and cloudy condition. Sun came out after 21km and by then, it was already 9.45 a.m. Ran the last 1 hour under the hot late morning sun.
THURSDAY, 16/11/06 : MORNING RUN 9xKLCC LAPS (B4 Work)
>
Almost aborted the run, was tired when I woke up. Dragged myself out of bed and thankfully, felt fresh after washing up. Chef Lee was at KLCC too (training for Singapore Marathon). Followed his pace and suffered.
SATURDAY, 18/11/06 : SOLO BIKE/RUN BRICKS @ PUTRAJAYA (134km /14km)
>
Longest session todate in this season (6hr 50min including water break and transition). Started late and suffered during the run under hot afternoon sun. Little voices in my head (telling myself to quit) got louder as I piled up the laps during the run (4 laps around the big RoundAbout in Precint 1). Felt completely wrecked after session and skipped the next day's training.

1 comment:

Ahkun said...

wow,salute u my fren....after the ride last sunday with u guys in Ulu Langat, i feel more comfortable with the ride now,glad to be able to draft u even thought only for a few km :) Keep it up my fren.....
btw, where to get Norman Stadler poster ar??