Thursday, September 21, 2006

DESARU - POST RACE

I rested at the medical tent for more than an hour. When they laid me down, my legs cramped. My buddy, Cecil, helped me out. He was there for me thru'out the whole ordeal (thanks buddy) . The cramps lasted for about 1/2 an hour.
Thots that came to my mind while I rested at the tent:-
1) What the hell was I doing?
2) Why didn't I slow down?
3) Stupid me!!!
4) Will I end up in hospital?
5) I am not going to Lumut (for Powerman).
6) No more Ironman for me.
Those thots were quickly forgotten when I recovered an hour later. And I soon found myself laughing about the whole thing with my support crew. About how I was destined not to get the finishing shot with Ken Yiap's camcorder. About how I moaned when my legs cramped while I was at the tent (Stephanie thot I sounded like I was giving birth).
My support crew (from left) Ken Yiap, Teresa, Mr DNF, Stephanie, Wen Pin, Maid and Winnie, having fun before leaving Desaru the next day.

I didn't get this shot yesterday!!!


Another shot b4 they take down the arch.

The vehicle that finished the race for me yesterday. My ever elusive sub-6 will have to wait another year.

No comments: