Saturday, September 19, 2009

STORM RUNNER

29 August 2009

One week after riding thru a tropical storm enroute to Berjaya Hills Resort, I found myself running in yet another storm.

Was all set up to ride Kuota (from home), needed some time trial workouts but it started to rain as I was about to leave the house. Kuota, being brand new, I wasn't ready to ride it in the rain (that day will come but not today).

Didn't wake up at 6.30 a.m., had breakfast & all set for a bike workout but to go back to sleep at 7.30 a.m., simply because of rain. Without hesitation, I changed into my running gear and ran off at around 7.45 a.m.

It was just a drizzle at first but it started pouring dogs & cats 15 mins into my run - it was another storm. There wasn't any fallen tree this time round but it felt like running in a river on those uphill stretches (I choosed a multiple hilly loops at Saujana Puchong, some 3km from home).

As a parent, I would not allow my kids to play in the rain. But, there I was, a 40-something running around a neighbourhood in a storm. At 40 plus, I felt like a 14-year old. That was one of the many reasons why I love my sport. I get to do stuff I wouldn't allow my kids to do.

Logged a cool 15km run that morning. As for the storm, it was reduced to a drizzle in the last 3km of my run.

No comments: