Wednesday, July 26, 2006

RACE DAY - PD TRI 2006

Thumbs up for the event t-shirt which came in various sizes, the different coloured swim caps for the wave start, the DQ of a swimmer who must have taken a short cut, the fully carpeted transition area and the well stocked-up water stations.
>
>
I had a good race. My unofficial splits are as follows:-
>
Swim 29:31 (2005 - 30:42)
T1 2:18
Bike 1:09:34
T2 1:30
Run 47:35 (5km splits 24:45/ 22:50)
Overall 2:30:31 (2005 - 2:30:52)
>
>
>
>
>
>
I was comfortable thru’out the swim. Concentrated on my strokes and the swim did not feel too long. I dipped below 30 minutes for first time in PD. I felt strong out of water and charged thru’ T1 (compared to feeling dizzy and disoriented in previous races).
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I was not in my best form on the bike. A pack of fast rider comprising Don Khor, Simon Lau, Jij Soon and a few others caught me shortly after about 5km. Saw them coming from behind and launched myself to the back of the pack when they zoomed pass. Found the pace a little too fast and was dropped after a few km. Shortly after I was dropped, Simon Cross flew pass pulling a relay rider with him. He was simply too fast and before I could react, he was already long gone. I rode most of the remaining bike leg with 2 other riders.
>
>
Another pack of riders caught up in the last 5km (Edwin Ng was in that pack). I managed to tag along and finished the ride with them. My average bike speed was 33.9km/h.
>
>
>
>
>
I had a smooth transition at T2. And unlike during the rehearsal 2 weeks ago, I made sure I took off my helmet before I ran off.
>
>
>
When I was 3 – 4 km out on the run course, the elites were already running back in the opposite direction. The u-turn was way beyond the entrance of the Avillion and Zaitun building (I think we u-turned at the Avillion in last year’s race). I caught Jacky Loh and Moh shortly after the u-turn. I pushed harder in the 2nd half of the run leg and finished in a nice negative split.
>
>
>
>
More photos :
>

No comments: