Friday, November 25, 2005

Previous Races - Powerman Malaysia 2005

The race actually started the week before i.e. on Sunday, 18 September 2005 - the day after Desaru. It was a race to recover from a half Ironman to be race fit again in 7 days. Glad I signed up because on Friday, 23 September 2005, I was all set and fired up to race again.

25 September 2005, Race Day at Putrajaya - It was good to have TT and Number 1 with me again (they were there for me in last year’s race). The sky was gloomy at the start of the race but the sun came out during the bike leg & was typical Putrajaya during the last 10 km run i.e. BLOODY HOT!!!!

First 10km run was on target - 45:20. Felt strong & comfortable thru'out the bike leg and finished 60km bike on target in 1:45:50. But cramped on the thighs & right calf & only managed a 56:06 split in the last 10km run. Overall, it took me 3:29:12 to finish this gruelling non drafting duathlon (for the 3rd time), ranked 13th out of 78 in my age group & 65 out of 256 overall.
Race Start

First 10km Run

60km Bike



My latest toy - Trek with Zipp wheels












Mr Oo - my Ironman training partner

Mr Cecil Cheong - my Tri buddy

Mr Don Khor - age group champion & my swimming coach

Sea of Bikes
"For What It Is Worth"

No comments: